Serving Our Community’s Legal Needs For Over 70 Years
Philip J. De Koster
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Real Estate Law
- Appellate Advocacy
- Corporate Law
- Reproductive Technology Law
Philip is a 3rd generation lawyer at De Koster & De Koster. He spends most of his time working on estate planning and probate matters, real estate law, corporate law, appellate advocacy, and assisted reproductive technology law. Before joining De Koster & De Koster, he practiced for three years with LaMarca Law Group, P.C., in Des Moines, Iowa.
He obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Drake University where he graduated summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, and was a Dwight D. Opperman Scholar. In addition to his academic achievements, Philip competed on the ABA and National Moot Court teams.
Before attending Drake Law School, Philip graduated with distinction and honors from Iowa State University with a major in Sociology and minors in Criminal Justice, Political Science, and Music.
In his free time, Philip enjoys both indoor and outdoor gardening and is a licensed private pilot. He is an active member of American Reformed Church in Orange City, Iowa, where he has directed the choir and is a youth group leader and Sunday School teacher. He has also served on the boards of various local organizations, the RCA's Commission on Church Order, and Drake Law School's Board of Counselors. Philip has taught business law at Northwestern College and legal writing at Drake Law School. He has also created an award in honor of Dr. K.M. Waggoner to recognize Drake law students who mentor their peers.
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. Order of the Coif - 2010
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- B.S. - 2013
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Sociology
- Iowa, 2010
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2018
- Iowa State Bar Association Graduating Senior Award
Classes & Seminars
- Business Law, Northwestern College, Present
- Legal Writing, Drake University Law School, 2011 to 2017
- LaMarca Law Group, P.C., in Des Moines, Iowa, Attorney, 2010 to 2013
- Sioux County Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association